The 70th annual
Hill Country District Junior Livestock Show
January 12 - 18, 2014
Come enjoy the fun and excitement at the
5th largest Jr. Livestock Show
in the state of Texas.
NEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE GILT SHOW.
1) We are moving the breeding gilt show to the front of the stock show week. We will move in County and District gilts on Sunday, January 12, 2014. County gilts will show on Sunday afternoon and District gilts will show on Monday.
2) We have added a non-pedigreed division to the breeding show.
a. They will HAVE to be TX validated.
b. They will turn in their own weights.
c. They will be divided into 3 weight divisions.
d. There will be a 200 pound minimum. There will be a 10 pound weigh-back on both the top and bottom. If a gilt does not weigh within 10 pounds of turned in weight, it will be disqualified.
3) Pedigreed gilts DO NOT need to be TX validated for the HCDJLS Breeding Show.
4) All pedigreed breed champions and reserve breed champions will compete for Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Pedigreed Gilt. All three major weight division champions in the Non- Pedigreed Division will compete for Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Non-Pedigreed Gilt. The Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Pedigreed Gilt and the Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Non-Pedigreed Gilt will compete for Supreme Champion and Reserve Supreme Champion.
5) A gilt can only be entered in the Registered Breeding division or the Non-Pedigreed division, not both.
6) The Grand Champion Registered Breeding gilt will receive a $2,500 scholarship. The Grand Champion Non-Pedigreed gilt will also receive a $2,500 scholarship.
Attention Swine Exhibitors:
You can only enter TWO non-pedigreed gilts in the HCDJL show. The rules state you may enter up to six per department, but no more than two per breed. Non-pedigreed gilts are considered one breed.
All entries for the 2014 show will be required to complete an IRS form W9
All exhibitors at the 2014 District Livestock Show must have passed the Quality Counts test and have a valid verification number.
For more information about Quality Counts visit